We will collect the personal information that you provide to us on your CV. This will include your name, address, contact number and email address. We will also need to collect information that will allow us to determine your eligibility to work in the UK.
As we continue to provide our services we will also collect information that directly enables us to provide an efficient recruitment service to you. For example, this could be information relating to your job search preferences based on company type, location, salary. This information could be obtained through face to face meetings, telephone consultations or emails and will then be collected and stored to enable us to build a clear understanding of your job search requirements.
We will only accept your CV and details electronically, this may be through a direct application through our web site or sent by email to a consultant or an application that you have made through a third-party job board. Your CV will be stored in our database and will be accessible by our recruitment consultants. You can submit your CV either to apply for an advertised job or for consideration by one of our consultants for other positions as they arise.
We will hold, use and disclose your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes. We have listed below various ways in which we may use and process your data for this purpose. Please note that this list is not exhaustive:
1. Storing your details (and updating them when necessary) on our database, so that we can contact you in relation to recruitment;
2. Providing you with our recruitment services and to facilitate the recruitment process;
3. Assessing data about you against vacancies which we think may be suitable for you;
4. Sending your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs;
5. Enabling you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you;
6. Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us;
7. Carrying out customer satisfaction surveys;
8. Verifying details you have provided, using third party resources (such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests), or to request information (such as references, qualifications and potentially any criminal convictions, to the extent that this is appropriate and in accordance with law);
9. In more unusual circumstances, we may use your personal data to help us to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or for complying with our legal obligations in connection with the detection of crime
We disclose your personal information to clients who have vacancies for jobs in which you are interested. Your CV and personal information will only be disclosed to a particular client with your written permission and consent to do so. When we send your CV to a client on your behalf this does not include your mobile number, email address or home/residential address. Your name and all other details as you presented them on your CV will be sent to the client.
We will share your personal information and, where necessary, your sensitive personal information with trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as:
• employment reference checking;
• qualification checking;
• criminal reference checking (as required);
• verification of details you have provided from third party sources; and/or
• psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
You will be notified if it is required that we supply your personal information to any of the above trusted third parties and we will obtain your written permission and consent to do so.
• legal or professional advisors;
• outsourced telephone answering service – this is used when all our direct lines are busy in order to take the details of incoming calls for us. Our outsourced telephone answering service will require a name and telephone number so that we can call you back to deal with your enquiry;
As noted above, if we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency, and if permitted under GDPR and other laws, we may disclose certain personal information to such bodies or agencies.
The length of time we will hold or store your personal information for will depend on the length of time you require our service. We often develop continuous relationships with our candidates and therefore we will need to retain data to allow us to provide an ongoing recruitment service. We regularly review all data that we hold to ensure that it is up to date and accurate. You can request that we remove your personal information and data from our systems at any time.
If we successfully arrange a permanent job for you with one of our clients we will hold your CV and details on file for a period of 12 months. After 12 months we will store a record of your name only to allow us to maintain historical records of candidates that we have successfully introduced to our clients.
If we have not heard from you for a period of 6 months we will delete all records that we hold on you from our systems. You can contact us again at any point to request the supply of our recruitment services. At that point we will need to request your permission again to store your details and to provide a recruitment service.
We are a specialist industry specific recruitment agency and we only store the CV, data and details of candidates whom we are able to assist and that have given us their permission to do so. We do not store the details of applicants that we are unable to assist. Applications from prospective candidates that we are unable to assist will be removed and deleted from our systems within a maximum of 3 working days of initial application. Due to a high volume of applications only successful applicants will be contacted.
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. The details are set out below:
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
If personal information we hold about you is not accurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to have the data rectified, updated or completed. You can let us know by contacting us using details in the contact section below. You can also update your CV at any time by simply emailing us with your new updated version. Your old CV will automatically be deleted.
You have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased (‘right to be forgotten’) e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. You have the legal right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information.
We aim at all times to provide transparency concerning data usage under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 GDPR and national laws implementing GDPR.
The Design and Interiors Recruitment Company
566 Chiswick High Street
0207 099 7821